Polara Ultimate Straight Self Correcting 2 Piece Golf Balls (1 Dozen)
Color: Ultimate Straight (White)
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Polara Ultimate Straight Self Correcting Golf Balls are for the golfer whose problem is significant and persistent hooking or slicing off the tee. The unique 2-piece construction consists of a central core and an outer cover.
- HOW IT WORKS: From the tee, point the arrow on the ball directly at your target, or line it up with the center of the fairway. From the fairway, play the ball "as it lies" or re-adjust the ball orientation so the arrow again points at your target.
- LESS AERODYNAMIC LIFT: Our Straight Self Correcting Golf Balls fly so straight because they exhibit less aerodynamic lift than other golf balls. This benefit of reduces hooks and fixes slices, but also resulting in lower than normal ball flight.
- IMPROVE YOUR GAME: Our golf balls are designed to correct hooks and slices which means, if you slice a golf ball 100 feet, the exact same swing with our anti-slice golf ball would slice about 25 ft., leaving you in the fairway instead of the rough.
- JUST FOR FUN: The Polara Ultimate Straight Self Correcting Golf Balls are designated for recreational golfers; not for tournament play.
Details: Product Description Improving your game and making golf fun again is the Polara way. Thanks to its unique dimple design, the Polara 2-piece Ultimate Straight golf ball reduces those dreaded hooks and slices by up to 75%. Each box contains 12 golf balls. Amazon.com Discover the secret the USGA has known for years--that self-correcting golf balls can actually make you a better player. Thanks to a unique dimple design, Polara's Self-Correcting golf balls reduce hooks and slices by up to 75 percent. That means you play from the fairway, not the woods or the next fairway over. The Polara 2-piece Ultimate Straight golf ball reduces hooks and slices by up to 75 percent and will noticeably improve your golf game. Benefits: Corrects hooks and slices by up to 75 percent Easy to use; simply point the arrow at your target and swing Golf ball is designed for recreational golfers; illegal for tournament play Self-correcting technology Each box contains 12 self-correcting golf balls Specifications: Each Box Contains: 12 Polara Ultimate Straight Golf Balls Construction: 2-piece Ball Size: 1.682 inches Ball Target Weight: 46.0 grams Core Material: Polybutadiene Core Diameter: 1.535 inches Cover Material: Ionomer Cover Material Thickness: 0.073 inches Cover Material Hardness: 62 Shore D Number of Dimples: 386 Ball Flight Characteristics: Self-Correcting Technology The Polara Story Two scientists, Daniel Nepela and Fred Holmstrom, developed the original Polara golf ball. The Polara's dimple pattern was unique, having six rows of normal dimples on its equator, but very shallow dimples elsewhere. The asymmetrical dimple pattern was a breakthrough in aerodynamic design that helped the ball self-adjust its spin-axis during the flight and thus enabled the ball to correct slices and hooks in flight. The original Polara patent was filed Oct 2, 1972 and it issued June 25, 1974. The Polara golf ball was first produced in 1975 by PGA/Victor, with sales starting in 1977. Because the Polara actually corrected hooks and slices it posted strong sales in its first year. However, after extensive testing, the USGA concluded that the Polara golf ball did correct hooks and slices and thus refused to approve the ball for tournament play, ruling that it wouldreduce the skill required to play golf. In 1978, the manufacturers sued the USGA on antitrust grounds. As litigation wound its ways through the courts the USGA changed the 300 year old Rules of Golf by inserting the Symmetry Rule in 1981, requiring that a ball must essentially perform the same regardless of where on the ball's surface it is struck or how it is placed on the tee. The new USGA rule banned Polara golf balls from USGA sanctioned tournament play. Then in 1985 the USGA agreed to a settlement of $1.4M and the Polara ball was removed from the market, becoming a part of golf history. In 2005 Pounce Sports purchased the rights to the original Polara golf ball and reintroduced it on a small scale. In 2009 Aero-X Golf, Inc. acquired the Polara technology. After extensive research and development, Aero-X Golf determined exactly how and why the original Polara ball corrected hooks and slices. With this understanding Aero-X Golf, Inc was able to improve upon the original Polara design. In August 2010 Aero-X Golf, Inc. introduced two new and improved Polara golf balls with Self-Correcting Technology: The Polara Ultimate Straight 2-piece ball and the Polara Ultimate Straight XS 3-piece ball. Polara Golf uses the best available technology to create demonstrably better products that are not limited by anything other than the laws of physics. All of the Polara golf balls are designed for recreational golfers who want to take advantage of these technology improvements and enjoy the game more.
Package Dimensions: 7.6 x 5.4 x 1.8 inches